The Press Newspaper
The 2014 racing season at Fremont Speedway promises to be one of the most exciting and unique in the 64 years of racing at The Track That Action Built.
Here are a few highlights fans and race teams will want to mark on their calendars:
• Season opener on Saturday, April 12th featuring the Fort Ball Pizza Palace 410 Sprints; Fremont Federal Credit Union 305 Sprints and AAA Ohio Auto Club Dirt Trucks.
• The Mike Hensel Memorial featuring the non-wing Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series (BOSS) battling for $5,000 to win.
• Saturday and Sunday, May 24 and 25 the University of Northwestern Ohio All Star Circuit of Champions will make their first appearance of the season which will conclude on Sunday with a $10,000-to-win affair.
• Saturday, June 7th, the Sixth Annual Fremont Speedway Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies. Besides the induction of the sixth class into the hallowed hall of fame, the night of racing will include the Race of Legends. Several hall of fame members and other legends will compete in a full program of racing behind the wheel of 305 sprint cars. The event is open to former drivers who are 50 years of age or older, who have not competed recently. So far drivers committed to the event include Mark Keegan and Jim Linder with a few surprises on tap. Drivers interested need to secure a 305 sprint ride and contact Fremont Speedway Promoter Rich Farmer at 419-307-4241.
• The 32nd Annual Ohio Sprint Speedweek featuring the UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions will make two stops at Fremont Speedway – Thursday, June 26 and the $10,000-to-win finale on Saturday, June 28th.
• The 7th Annual Jim Ford Classic Friday and Saturday, Sept. 12 and 13.
• The Kistler Racing Products FAST (Fremont Attica Sprint Title) Championship Series Presented by KS Sales and Service championship night. The $10,000 championship could come down to this final point event.
No results found.