As you always say, “Two things…”.
a. Thank you for the endless supply of Tupperware you have let me “borrow”.
b. Thank you for willingly taking me to the ER every time I sneezed.
c. Thank you for not disowning me when the whole “van incident” happened.
d. Thank you for the moving food, no matter how many times I’ve moved.
a. Thank you for the encouragement when I’ve needed it most.
b. Thank you for the never ending support you have always freely given to me.
c. Thank you for being my teacher, protector and friend.
d. Most of all, thank you for being my mom.
It’s funny how “Two things…” can mean so much more.
I love you for so many reasons. I appreciate how you take care of me, even at 25, when I’m sick, how you let me cry on your shoulder, even when I’ve made really stupid mistakes you warned me about, and how you think I’m the funniest person on the planet. I will never be able to repay you for all that you have done for me, all that you have sacrificed for me, all that you have said, all the wisdom you have shared, and all the love you have shown me. I hope that I make you proud and I hope that I can always lift you up when you are down. Today. Tomorrow. Always. I love you.
Dear Mom (Diana),
I am so grateful for you for so many reasons. After my Mom passed away, I never expected to find another woman who could even come close to meaning as much to me as she did and still does. Not only do I thank you for being such a wonderful wife to my Dad, and an amazing Grandma to my son...I thank you for being the wonderful person you are. You have supported me in the best and worst of times and have always treated me with dignity and respect whether I deserved it or not. You might not be my biological Mother, but I feel so comfortable with considering and acknowledging you as my other Mom. Some people aren’t lucky enough to have one loving Mother let alone two. So for the reasons that I mentioned and so much more, I thank you for being my other Mom, but mostly I thank and love you for just being YOU.
You mean the world to me! I would be so lost without you. You are not only my mother, but also my best friend. I can tell you anything knowing that you will give me your honest opinion back. You have taught me so many valuable lessons about life that I will carry with me forever. You have taught me how to cook, clean, be a good wife and an even better mother to my children. When I was little I couldn't wait to move out and be on my own... Well at 25 I wish I could take that all back and would have stayed under your wing a little bit longer! Mom, I love you more than words can explain and I hope you realize how much you mean to me! Happy mothers day!! Love always and forever,
I want you to know how much you mean to me.
You have given me guidance, even when I wouldn’t listen. You have loved me when I didn’t deserve it. You have believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself.
You have been my friend, my cheerleader, my counselor, my advocate, my protector, my cook, my maid, my nurse, my rock… but my favorite thing you have been is my MOM.
Thank you for giving me the tools to be a happy, kind, and loving person and for setting the example of the kind of mother I want to be to my girls.
I love and appreciate you more than any words could ever express.
P.S. Can I borrow $20? (Just Kidding!!!)
Sadly, I lost my Mother to lung and brain cancer on February 1st 2012, and this will be my 1st Mother's Day without her. She would've been 61 years young on May 5th. . a week and a day before Mother's Day. A double whammy for us.
I'm writing to let you know that
* We miss you terribly.
* You're loved and always will be. I know you'd probably argue with me for saying so, but somehow I don't think you felt you were worthy or deserving of being loved. I'm here to tell you that you absolutely were.
* I think about you an awful lot. I hate that we had to let you go and that you're no longer here with us physically. We know that you will always be here with us in spirit, but that isn't quite the same.
* I wouldn't wish you back for one more second if I couldn't have you back healthy and well. I wouldn't want you to suffer anymore than you already have just for my benefit.
* I'm sad. I cry almost every day. I know that you wouldn't want me to be sad for you, but I can't help it. I hope you understand and that you forgive me for that. I am only human, after all and it's only been 3 months. We're still healing.
* The girls miss their Grandma but they speak of you often and I know that you would be proud of them for the way they handled themselves when we were faced with the devastating blow of losing you. You were, still are, and always will be one of the most important people in their lives. They love you as much as you love them. Nothing will ever change that.
* Dad is lost without you.. We all are, but Dad has a lot more on him than us kids do because he depended on you for everything. He's starting to find his footing and he's learning little by little how to get by on his own. He'll always have us kids. As promised, I'm doing as much as I can, whenever I can to help him along. We're strong and we're keeping each other moving in the right direction.
* I miss your cooking. You'd never know it by looking at me but I really really do!
* It's been 3 months since I've quit smoking. It hasn't been easy, but it's been worth it and as promised, I'm never going back.
* I hope that Heaven is everything and more you ever hoped it to be.. I hope that you're not worrying about us (we're going to be okay!) , and I hope that you're saving us some good seats.
* and one more thing.. (just in case I haven't already mentioned it) ~ I love you! ♥ XO