The Press Newspaper
While you’re enjoying the beauty of local park facilities, remember to follow these simple steps for staying safe, offered courtesy of Toledo Metroparks rangers:
• Place purses, bags and other personal belongings in the trunk of your car prior to arriving at a park, mall or other public place. Thefts have occurred when park visitors have been observed placing items in their trunks or hiding their keys.
• Do not place valuables where they can be seen through the windows.
• An even better idea is to leave valuables at home and bring only what you need.
• Lock your vehicle and make sure the windows are up.
• Always be aware of your surroundings.
• If walking or jogging in secluded areas, do not wear headphones that would prevent you from hearing what’s going on around you.
• Watch for suspicious persons or vehicles. Report anything suspicious in the Metroparks to a ranger.
• Park in high-traffic areas if possible.
• Do not lock pets in your vehicle.
• Do not leave mail or other identifying documents in your vehicle.