The Press Newspaper
The family-oriented, alcohol-free event will go on, rain or shine.
What can you do at the OregonFest?
• Watch the parade featuring more than 100 entries (3 p.m.).
• Visit with Toledo Mud Hens mascots Muddy and Muddonna.
• Compete in the Speed Pitch contest for a unique, one-of-a-kind trophy.
• Take a swing at the T-ball game.
• Try your luck at the P-nut Toss.
• Walk down memory lane with Ron Rightenowar, a former Mud Hen and major league player in the memorabilia display.
• Try the Jeff Gordon NASCAR Simulator, sponsored by Sunoco.
• See the Civil War encampment by the 21st Ohio Volunteer Light Artillery Unit. The encampment will feature 9th Virginia Infantry, 1st United States Sharp Shooters, l4th Ohio Infantry, 5th Ohio Sharp Shooters, Stonewall Jackson, General Ulysses Grant, Abe Lincoln and Mark Twain. Yankee and Confederate skirmishes are expected - listen for the roar of cannons all day long.
• Farmer's Insurance, M.I.L.K. (Managing Information on Lost Kids) display.
Other highlights include a free kids’ art area, stage entertainment, ethnic foods and treats, classic car show, quality-of-life exhibits, amusement rids, Eurobungy jump, arts and crafts, a business fair, fire safety house, ProMedica Air helicopter landing, St. Charles Mercy Health Van screenings, raffles, giveaways and more.
Admission and parking are free. A shuttle for persons with handicaps will be available. For more information, call 4 l 9-691-9750 or visit www.oregonfest.net.
No results found.