The Press Newspaper
Hospice of Northwest Ohio offers specialized bereavement support groups, free of charge, to anyone in the community. Conducted by specially trained bereavement counselors, the groups are designed to address the unique needs of varying age groups and types of loss.
All groups are conducted at one of Hospice of Northwest Ohio’s facilities in Perrysburg, South Toledo or Lambertville.
The group offerings include:
• Coping with Any Loss – Ongoing, interactive grief support group for adults who are adjusting to the loss of any loved one.
• Kids Grief Support – Ongoing, interactive grief support group for children ages 5-11, and another for children ages 12-16, who are adjusting to the loss of a loved one. Art, music, discussion, storytelling and play are used to help children share and better understand their grief and find heal and hope.
• Mid-Life Spousal or Partner Loss – Ongoing group, open to any man or woman who has experienced the death of a partner or spouse during their mid-life years.
• Young Families in Grief – Ongoing group, for younger adults who have experienced the loss of a spouse or partner and their young children who have lost a parent. Adults will explore their grief and reflect on issues concerning single parenting. Children will use art, music and play to better understand their grief. Adults and children will also have family time to grieve together.
• Men in Grief – Four-week group, open to any man who is grieving; this group is conducted by men to discuss practical tips for managing everyday life following the death of a loved one.
• Supportive Spouses – Five-week group, open to recently bereaved men and women who are adjusting to life without their mates.
• After Your Parent Dies – Five-week group, open to adults who are grieving the death of one or both parents.
• Pathways – Six-week group, open to all adults who want to explore the spiritual dimensions of the loss of a loved one.
All groups are free and open to everyone in the community, whether or not they have had a prior relationship with Hospice of Northwest Ohio; however, pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact the Hospice Bereavement Department at 419-661-4001.
To learn more about grief and loss or Hospice of Northwest Ohio, visit www.hospicenwo.org or find them on Facebook.