The City of Oregon has received local as well as out of state resumes for the position of city administrator, though most came from across the country.
The position became available after former Administrator Ken Filipiak, who had worked for the city for 10 years, announced his resignation to take the job as city manager of Mentor, Ohio soon after Mayor Mike Seferian defeated Mayor Marge Brown last November.
Those interested in filling the administrator’s position include:
• Dr. Thomas M. Brown, former mayor of Port Clinton;
• Lavell D. Craven, a police officer from Hyattsville, Maryland;
• Michelle L. Bowens, director of finance with the city of Vermilion, Ohio;
• Denis L. Fligor, director of public safety and service, Fostoria, Ohio;
• David W. Metzger, public works and services supervisor in the City of Eastpointe, Michigan;
• Ben South, a municipal manager from Canon City, Colorado;
• David Flaisher, a township supervisor from West Bloomfield, Michigan;
• David B. Kroma, who has worked in various city of Toledo departments;
• Richard J. Waugh, mayor of Heath, Ohio and a former councilman;
• James C. Payne, who has worked in local government administration for over 25 years, from Rio Rancho, New Mexico;