biggestweek2014cover
MedDirCover
HousingHeaderSmall
EMBCCover 

 linkedinfacebooktwitter

WTOLLogo1

Fox1

Home Motivational speaker comes to Genoa, engages with students
Motivational speaker comes to Genoa, engages with students
Written by Yaneek Smith   
Friday, 13 April 2012 09:47

If you knew of a man who had recovered from a broken neck that left him temporarily paralyzed and recently conquered cancer, you'd likely believe that man had credibility when it came to dealing with hardships and motivating others to do the same.
 
Meet Bruce Boguski.

Boguski has combined the knowledge and life experience from his 63 years with his enthusiasm for helping people to become a nationally-renowned motivational speaker. 

Seminar3
Media personality and motivational speaker Bruce Boguski engages
with attendees after his seminar at Genoa Elementary School.
(Press photo by Harold Hamilton/Hehphotos.lifepics.com)

Boguski, who has worked with a wide-ranging group of people including athletes, students and businessmen, visited Genoa last week and spoke to students at the elementary school and hosted a seminar in the evening to spread the good word.
 
The four primary themes Boguski stressed in his seminar were (1) remaining steadfastly positive; (2) keeping an open mind; (3) writing down a set of goals; and, above all, (4) visualizing success.

He encouraged people to engage in affirmation training, stressing the importance of positive thinking and how something that simple – if applied enough, actually can work.
 
When it came to goals, Boguski cited a well-known Harvard University survey that studied the lives of graduates from the school’s MBA program and found that, 10 years after graduation, the 3 percent of students who “had clear, written goals (with) plans to accomplish them” were “earning, on average, 10 times as much as the other 97 percent put together.”
 
Regarding visualization, he spoke of lying in his hospital bed years ago and seeing himself take his first step. And while that advice may sound cliché, it has worked for him, and for many successful people in our society, he said.
 
For Boguski, it all started in 1966 when, at the age of 18, he sustained a broken neck and was left partially paralyzed after an automobile accident caused by a drunken driver.
 
Following the accident, Boguski, after being told by doctors that he may never walk again and exercising the fundamentals he speaks of today, worked tirelessly in rehab and walked out of the hospital six months later under his own power. Later, after struggling to regain complete use of his body, he became a two-time state champion in racquetball.
 
Professionally, Boguski has worked as an author, trainer, columnist and media personality. However, he is known locally for having taught business classes at Van Buren High School and serving as the school’s head baseball coach before becoming the men’s and women’s tennis coach at the University of Findlay.
 
And he recently topped it all off by defeating cancer, something he contributes, at least partially, to eating an extensively healthy, low-sugar diet.
 
Boguski challenges people to strive for something better and to expect more of themselves. He urges everyone to set the bar high for themselves, to believe that great things are possible and above all, to live life to the fullest.
 
As he tells people, “It's about getting that extra little bit out of yourself. I encourage people to go for it.”
 
For more information on Bruce Boguski and his services, visit his website, www.thewinnersedge.cc,or call 419-424-3910.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Post a comment
Login on the right column to post a comment. Please register if you do not have an account yet.

busy
 

By: J. Patrick Eaken

Contact e-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Show Other Articles

Banner
Banner

Polls

If you found a penny on the floor, would you pick it up?
 
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner

The Current Weather for Millbury, OH USA

Login




Log in