The Press Newspaper
The Lucas County Fair will be held July 27 through Aug. 1 at the Lucas County Fairgrounds, 1406 Key Street, Maumee.
As always, this year’s fair will offer plenty for everyone in the family to see and do.
Grounds entertainment going on daily includes:
• DOC Swan Magic/Comedy Show at 2, 6, 7 and 8 p.m.
• Game Hype, an exciting, free-admission video game attraction open during fair hours.
• Junior Fair Saddle Horse Shows going on daily at the north end of the fairgrounds.
• Livestock shows and auction.
• Old Village Historic Re-enactment.
Among the daily highlights are:
11 a.m.-4 p.m.: DARE Day, with various DARE officers on site. Kids with DARE coupon will be admitted free.
7:30 p.m. - Maumee Community Band - Opening Ceremonies.
1, 3 and 5 p.m. – Jenkin’s Border Collie Show;
4 p.m. – My Fair Lady Pageant;
5 p.m. – Annual Placers Car Club Classic Car Show, with proceeds benefiting Make-A-Wish.
6 p.m. – Buckeye Horse Pullers Association presents a Draft Horse Team-Pulling Contest;
7:30 p.m. – Pat Dailey in the Grandstand - ground seating $5, grandstand seating $2;
4 p.m. – Rough Truck/ATV Event.