Five to be inducted as Distinguished Waite Alumni
Morrison R. Waite High School is celebrating its 95th annual year as an educational institution serving students in East Toledo.
As part of the celebration, five Waite graduates will be honored and inducted as Distinguished Waite Alumni at the 45th Annual Purple & Gold Dinner Celebration in April.
The 2009 inductees include:
• Gary L. Failor, class of 1964, honored in the field of Law, Public Service and Community Service.
• Raymond L. Frick, class of 1964, honored in the field of Business and Community Service.
• Csaba Frank Sedivi, class of 1963, honored in the field of Engineering and Community Service (posthumous).
• Michael D. Wilkins, class of 1986, honored in the field of Business and Community Service.
• Stella Ane Zedro, class of 1948, honored in the field of Music and Community Service.
Distinguished Waite Alumni have distinguished themselves as successful adults in their respective careers. This would include those who have received honors through meritorious service in selected careers and/or served as benefactors to humankind.
The 45th Annual Purple & Gold Celebration Dinner will be held April 4 at the Bayside Boardwalk Hall, 2759 Seaman Rd. Oregon.
A social hour and silent auction will begin the evening’s festivities at 6 p.m. Dinner will be served at 7 p.m. The five inductees will be honored at 8 p.m. Fellowship will follow from 9 to 11 p.m.
Earlier in the day, the distinguished alumni will be presented to the Waite student body at a program at 9:30 a.m. in the school auditorium. Inductees will be given an opportunity to speak to the students about their high school experiences and how they achieved their goals in life.
A $30 per person reservation is requested for the dinner celebration. For reservations, to make a donation or to obtain more information, call David M. Yenrick, Waite principal, at 419-691-4687.