The Toledo Metropolitan Area Council of Governments will hold a public meeting March 20 at the East Toledo Senior Center, 1001 White Street, to offer area residents the chance to voice their opinions on a long-range transportation plan the council is formulating.
The meeting will be from 12:30-1:30 p.m.
TMACOG is updating the plan “On the Move: 2015-2045 Transportation Plan” – a prioritized listed of projects and policies – for Lucas and Wood counties in Ohio and southern Monroe County in Michigan.
Among the goals for the plan are improved road safety and infrastructure conditions and reduced traffic congestion.
The scheduled completion date of the plan is July 1, 2015.
TMACOG is also posting a survey on its website to solicit input on what residents see as priorities for future investment into the region’s transportation systems.
The survey uses a rating system, from extremely important to no opinion, to ask residents their opinions of transportation issues:
- Expanding bicycle facilities
- Improving access to Toledo Express and Detroit Metro airports
- Providing better links among different modes of transportation such as bicycle, pedestrian, car, bus, train and plane to make it easier to go from one mode to another
- Supporting the region’s economy through good freight transportation
- Expanding public transportation such as buses and transit vans
- Relieving traffic congestion
- Improving pedestrian paths and sidewalks
- Maintaining the existing transportation system in good repair
- Expanding the existing street and highway system by adding lanes or interchanges
- Expanding rail options
The meeting is being hosted by the East Toledo Club and Neighborhood Housing Services of Toledo.
Lunch can be purchased at noon. For reservation information call Jodi at 419 691-1429.