The Press Newspaper

Toledo, Ohio & Lake Erie

The Press Newspaper

The Press Newspaper


Water, sewer district has vacant board seat
The Wood County commissioners are seeking candidates to fill an unexpired term on the Northwest Water and Sewer District Board of Trustees.

The term will commence upon selection and expire on Dec. 31, 2018.  Applicants must live within the District and cannot be an office holding elected official.

Candidates should have a diverse background with experience in business or planning, be able to demonstrate sound decision making, process technical information, and demonstrate good customer service.

Regular meetings of the district board are typically held twice a month on the first and third Thursday of the month. 

Interested candidates must fill out an application for volunteer service, which can be obtained at or in the commissioners’ office.

Applications are due by 4:30 pm on Sept. 11, 2013.

Woodmore raises
Raises of 1 percent were approved recently for members of the Woodmore Education Association, which represents 70 teachers in the Woodmore district, and Local 676 of the Ohio Association of Public School Employees, which represents 40 non-teaching employees.

The school board approved two-year contracts for both unions.

The board has scheduled a work session to be held in executive session Sept. 3 at 6:30 p.m. at the residence of a board member.

Plat book sale
New Ottawa County plat books, published by the Farm and Home Publishers Ltd., are now available.

The books contain maps showing the division of land into streets, blocks, and lots and indicate the measurements of the individual parcels.

Copies are available for $20 at the Ohio State University Extension Ottawa County office, 240 W. Lake St., Unit C, Oak Harbor.

Proceeds benefit the Ottawa County 4-H Program.

To have a book mailed and billed directly to your residence or office, include an additional $5 for postage and handling and send it to the extension office. Make checks payable to OSU Extension, Ottawa County.

For information call 419-898-3631 or 1-800-322-4159.



Boy Scouts

Do you favor or oppose the Boy Scouts admitting girls?
1631685539 [{"id":"252","title":"Favor","votes":"10","pct":23.81,"type":"x","order":"1","resources":[]},{"id":"253","title":"Oppose","votes":"28","pct":66.67,"type":"x","order":"2","resources":[]},{"id":"254","title":"No opinion","votes":"4","pct":9.52,"type":"x","order":"3","resources":[]}] ["#194e84","#3b6b9c","#1f242a","#37414a","#60bb22","#f2babb"] sbar 160 160 /component/communitypolls/vote/94-boy-scouts No answer selected. Please try again. Thank you for your vote. Answers Votes ...