The Northwood Police Department on March 19, in partnership with the Wood County Sheriff’s Office, Ohio B.C.I. and I, and the F.B.I. Humane Trafficking Task Force, conducted undercover operations at a local hotel regarding activities of known prostitution in the area along with Toledo being a major site for underage prostitution.
These operations included males and females responding to the hotel and meeting with undercover police operatives. These males and females then solicited the operatives for sexual acts and were arrested.
A total of 12 individuals were charged with 17 various crimes, including prostitution, drug abuse, possession of drug abuse instruments and complicity to soliciting prostitution. Some were also arrested on outstanding arrest warrants out of neighboring jurisdictions. Most of the charges were for soliciting prostitution, a misdemeanor of the third degree and can carry a maximum fine of $500 and/or 60 days in jail.
During the operation, no one was injured, according to Northwood Police.
All of the charged individuals, said police, were cooperative and embarrassed for their actions. Some were married and asked police to withhold their identities. They were informed that police could not honor the request due to Ohio’s Public Records Law. A total of $1,028 was recovered in the operation, along with crack cocaine, prescription medication and marijuana. No underage individuals were encountered during the operation, said police.
• Khaled Elabyad, Sylvania, charged with soliciting prostitution;
• Tania Parker, Toledo, charged with soliciting prostitution;
• Tai-Anne Parker, Toledo, charged with complicity to soliciting and drug abuse;
• Christopher Robosky, Findlay, soliciting prostitution.
• Marcus Williams, Fremont, soliciting prostitution;
• Charles Yager, Maumee, charged with soliciting prostitution;
• Duane Stroud, Toledo, charged with soliciting prostitution and drug abuse;
• Tiffany Duckett, Toledo, charged with soliciting prostitution;
• Amanda Bigelow, Toledo, charged with soliciting prostitution;
• Jamie Slaughter, Toledo, charged with soliciting prostitution;
• Sandra Slaughter, Toledo, charged with drug abuse and drug paraphernalia.