Home This Week in Government
This Week in Government
Written by Larry Limpf   
Thursday, 14 February 2013 16:16

Grant for Wood County bridge projects awarded
The Ohio Public Works Commission has awarded funding to assist with two Wood County bridge replacement projects.

The county commissioners were recently notified of the grant funding totaling $468,092, which will help fund the projects: Stearns Road at the intersection of Pursell Road in Perry Township and Pemberville Road over the Toussaint Creek in Troy Township.

The estimated cost for the projects total $964,674, with bidding expected later this year.

Board appointment
The appointment of a new member of the Lake Board of Education will be on the agenda of the board’s Feb. 20 meeting, according to the district’s administration.

The board interviewed three candidates for the seat vacated by Eric Hirzel, who is moving out of the district.

District award
The Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting has been awarded to Northwestern Water and Sewer District by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for its annual financial report. 

The award was presented to Dave E. Cook, the district’s finance director.

This is the 8th year in a row the District has received this award. 

Bridge project
A bridge project near the border of Ottawa and Lucas counties will affect traffic on State Route 2.

From Feb. 25 through May, Route 2, between Veller Road and Krause Road, will be closed for a bridge replacement.

The detour is State Route 579 to I-280.

Following the bridge closure, intermittent lane restrictions are possible on Route 2 between Bono Road and Duff Washa Road for pavement repairs, according to the Ohio Department of Transportation.  Traffic will be maintained by flaggers.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Post a comment
Login on the right column to post a comment. Please register if you do not have an account yet.


By: Larry Limpf

Contact e-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Show Other Articles



If you found a penny on the floor, would you pick it up?

The Current Weather for Millbury, OH USA


Log in