The dogs, cats and pocket pets at the Toledo Area Humane Society (TAHS) have been very good this year and they’ve all mailed their letters to Santa asking for the one thing they want the most – a forever home to call their very own.
To help the animals find their forever homes in time for the holidays, TAHS is reducing adoption fees throughout the shelter through December. The animals include:
• Dogs that have been patiently waiting at the shelter for some time will have their adoption fees reduced to just $25.
• All other dogs (over the age of 6 months old) will receive $25 off their adoption fees.
• All adult cats will have their adoption fees reduced to just $25
• All kittens will have their adoption fees reduced to $50
• Pocket pets - their adoption fees are reduced to $2.50 each!
In return, TAHS would like a gift from their Wish List when you visit the shelter to adopt. Items like canned dog and cat food, new or gently used blankets and towels, dog and cat treats, non-clumping cat litter, and gas cards for cruelty officers. The donations will help off-set the shelter’s reduced adoption fees.
“Our goal is always to help as many pets as possible find their new forever homes. It becomes even more special around the holidays,” said Dr. Debbie Johnson, Director of Operations at TAHS. “We’d love to see the shelter as empty as possible, especially for the holidays.”
The Toledo Area Humane Society is closed to the public Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Its normal hours after the holidays are Tuesday through Friday from 11am – 7pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10am – 6pm. For any questions, call 419-891-0705 or visit www.toledoareahumanesociety.org. The shelter’s Facebook page is Facebook.com/ToledoHumane