The Press Newspaper
Visit Pemberville for “A Touch of Spring” March 27
Festivities will include:
• Beeker’s General Store will feature artisan Krista Jackson and her unique Pysanky egg art. Pysanky is the centuries-old Ukrainian wax-resist technique for creating elaborately-dyed eggshells. Jackson also creates unique jewelry featuring dyed eggshells and will have a number of pieces on display and for sale.
• Riverbank Antique Market will host folk artist Pat Smith, who creates whimsical folk art dolls with needlesculpted faces and clothing fashioned from a variety of vintage fabrics and furs.
• The Spieldenner Art Gallery will feature a number of works by local artists, and will be holding a “Touch of Spring Sale.”
• Lori’s Country Craft Closet will also feature a number of Easter and spring primitives as part of open house activities.
• Youngsters will want to be on the lookout for the live bunny petting station located in the downtown area.
• Downtown Deco Floral Design will feature a number of unique spring wreaths and swags, and will be offering complimentary Easter balloons for children who visit.
• PIMA’s annual Brunch With the Bunny will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Forks Restaurant. The buffet will include pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, toast, homemade donuts, fruit medley and a choice of beverage at a cost of $6 for adults and $3 for children 12 and younger. Kids 2 and younger eat free with an adult. The Easter Bunny will be on hand for those who want a photo (bring your own camera). There will also be a make-it take-it craft table and a free gift for kids.
Hours are Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The show, sponsored by the juried members of the guild, will feature handcrafted spring items including spring floral arrangements, yard and home decorations, solid wood items, fabric, metal work, country crafts, pottery, jewelry, seasonal items and more.
Admission and parking are free.
The advance registration fee is $20, which includes a t-shirt. Event-day registration, which can be completed between 8 and 8:30 a.m., is $25, with no guarantee of a t-shirt.
Proceeds from the event will go to the Victory Center, which provides support and educational services to cancer patients and their families.
Pre-register at www.thevictorycenter.org.
The group meets the second and fourth Thursday of each month at the church, located at 4532 Woodville Rd., Northwood. Anyone interested in attending is asked to call the church at 419-693-5102 to register.
The program is presented at the Alzheimer’s Association, Northwest Ohio Chapter at 2500 North Reynolds Rd. the first Thursday of every month from 6-7 p.m. by Bob Haush, LISW.
Male caregivers attending will find a relaxed, confidential atmosphere for a facilitated round-table discussion. Various topics will be discussed, from communication and challenging behaviors, to progression of the disease. The group also occasionally views videos, followed by discussion. To register for the free program, call toll-free 1-800-272-3900
No results found.