Usually, he lives in a pineapple under the sea, but this fall SpongeBob
SpongeBob SquarePants and his pal
Patrick are ready to provide a
challenge and some a-maze-ing fall fun
at Country Lane Tree Farm in Genoa.
SquarePants and his pal Patrick can be found in the cornfields at Country Lane Tree Farm, 3525 N. Bolander Rd., Genoa, just west of Clay Center.
“We were excited to receive permission from Viacom Productions to use the image of SpongeBob and Patrick in our corn mazes this year,” said farm owner Melissa Bowlander. “We’re also excited that our 17-year-old son John Jr. actually cut our mazes using GPS technology – he’s in A+ Computers at Penta and he happens to love computers.”
The farm is celebrating the opening of its Fall Festival season this weekend. Highlights include:
• Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch Hours: Monday through Friday 4 p.m. to dark; Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to dark. (Last maze admission is one hour before dark.)
• Haunted Tree Maze open Saturdays only in October. The Haunted Tree Maze, which Bowlander says is bigger and better than last year’s, will be operating before dark for the little ones (a little bit of boo and candy treats for all and then after dark for bigger scares. Little scare hours are 6 p.m. to dusk. Bigger Scare hours (recommended for older children and teens) Dark until 10 p.m.
• Family Farm Animal Tours: Every half hour Saturday and Sunday. Cow-milking times at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• Pickin’ Pumpkins by the Light of the Harvest Moon. Saturdays Oct. 17 and Oct. 24, 9 p.m. to midnight. A flashlight and “skeeter spray” is recommended.
• Flashlight Corn Maze, Saturdays Oct. 24 and 31, 9 p.m. to midnight. Bring your courage and your friends, plus a flashlight, and `skeeter Spray if you dare to try to navigate the corn maze in the dark. Last maze admission is 11 p.m.
• Kids will want to test their skills at the corn cannons or in a water balloon war.
In addition, the farm’s “Back 40” features a 10-acre U-Pick Pumpkin Patch, a large corn maze and one small children’s maze. Gourds, straw bales, Indian corn and corn stalks are also available.
Visitors to the farm can also enjoy a free hay ride in the pumpkin patch on weekends, a free straw climb and a free no-left-turn maze.
Visit the craft barn, where you’ll find soybean candles, fall decorations and more. At the Snack Shoppe, grab a hot dog, bite into a chewy, juicy caramel apple, or pick up some fresh-pressed cider. (Open weekends only – cider available seven days a week).
All-day admission, which includes Farm Animal Tour, Pumpkin Patch Hayride, Pony Ride, Bonfire, Barrel Train Ride, Corn Cannon Shoot, Farm Animal Tour, Straw Mountain, Straw Tower, Indoor Straw Maze with Slides, Playground, No-Left-Turn Maze and unlimited visits to Cornfield Mazes is $10, $8 for those 65 and older and free for kids 2 and under. Active military personnel are admitted free. Add the Haunted Tree Maze admission for $5.
For more information, visit www.countrylanetreefarm.com or call 419-461-1298.
SpongeBob SquarePants and his pal Patrick are ready to provide a challenge and some a-maze-ing fall fun at Country Lane Tree Farm in Genoa.