The 2009 Ottawa County Fair will be held July 20-26 at the fairgrounds, located 2.5 miles east of Oak Harbor on SR 163.
Mechanical rides will begin July 21 at 3 p.m. Ride prices are $10 3 p.m. to close Tuesday; and on Wednesday through Sunday, the cost is $10 to ride noon to 5 p.m.; $12 to ride 6-11 p.m.; and $15 all day.
General admission is $5 for 9 and older. Free admission Tuesday until 2 p.m., all day Tuesday for veterans and on Wednesday for senior citizens.
Fair highlights include:
• July 20: Rabbit judging, harness racing, Junior Fair King and Queen contest.
• July 21: Veterans Day, swine judging, saddle horse contest judging, sheep judging, hog-calling contest, youth talent contest, live band, harness racing and presentation of Junior Fair King and Queen.
• July 22: Senior Citizen Day, goat judging, alpaca and llama judging, beef breeding and market beef judging, Wagon Wheel Pro IPRA Rodeo Co., “More Than a Show,” and The Great Live Tiger Show.
• July 23: Saddle horse and ponies, feeder calf judging, dog judging, chainsaw carving demonstrations, demolition derby, “On the Beach,” The Great Live Tiger Show.
• July 24: Livestock sale, draft horse halter & hitch classes, open class flower show judging, Prettiest Baby Contest, chainsaw carving demonstrations, Faircross Motorcycle Racing, “Haywire,” and The Great Live Tiger Show.
• July 25: Antique & Farm Stock Tractor Pull, Open Class Horse Show, Junior Fair Baker’s Roundup, Back to the Farm Feeder Sale, Kiddie Tractor Pull, Square Dance with Legacy II, The Great Live Tiger Show.
• July 26: Kids’ Day, Kids’ fishing derby, Annual Draft Horse Hitch Show, Demolition Derby, The Great Live Tiger Show.
For a complete schedule and more information, visit ottawacountyfair.org or call 419-898-1971.