The Sandusky County Park District will present the following activities for May:
• Canoe with Eagles, May 4, 6, 8, 11, 13 and 15. Meet at 5 p.m. at the Park Office then travel to the launch site. Registration required. Participants must register with a partner at least 12 years old. Canoes provided to travel along Green Creek, a prime eagle watching area. Register at 1-888-200-5577.
• Puddle Jumpers: HERPS! May 5, 10 a.m., White Star Park Wetlands, CR 66. Ages 5 and under with an adult companion will enjoy exploring the wetlands for reptiles and amphibians and other critters that live there. Registration at 1-888-200-5577.
• Grand” Canoe Trip, May 9 and May 16, 1:30 to 4:30. Meet at Park Office. The program is scheduled for grandparents and grandkids to have a memorable family outing. Open to ages 6 and older. Bring your own child-size lifejacket. Adult-sizes provided. Register by calling Tom Kashmer at 419-638-1027.
• YoYo Quilting, May 12, 2-3:30 p.m. White Star Log Cabin. Learn the easy technique of yo yo quilting while creating a quilt for the rope bed in the log cabin. Bring scissors, pieces of scrap material at least 8” x 8,” needle and thread. Future dates include June 15, July 9 and Aug 10. Register at 1-888-200-5577.
• Dandelions, Sorrel and Nettles, May 21, 4 p.m., White Star Park Barn. Participants will enjoy a few of spring’s wild edibles such as dandeburgers, sorrel soup and nettle fritters that they’ll help prepare. Register at 1-888-200-5577.