The Press Newspaper

Toledo, Ohio & Lake Erie

The Press Newspaper

The Press Newspaper


Owens Community College students with aspirations of pursuing a bachelor’s degree from Heidelberg University can now continue their academic pursuits while attending both academic institutions, thanks to a new Dual Admission Program partnership.

As a result of the collaboration, Owens students can complete academic coursework while simultaneously enrolled at the two schools.

The program allows Owens students to enroll in a maximum of three credit hours of coursework (four credit hours if a laboratory course) at Heidelberg University during the fall and spring semesters for a maximum of four semesters. Dual admission students can enroll in an array of courses at Heidelberg including general education and major specific courses required at both academic institutions. Coursework successfully completed through the program will transfer and be applied toward fulfilling degree requirements at both academic institutions.

In addition, the dual admission option provides Owens students with access to academic advising at Heidelberg. Individuals will also be issued a Heidelberg student ID, which will provide access to an array of Heidelberg services to include library privileges as well as campus events and activities.


Upon transfer to Heidelberg, Owens students within the Dual Admission Program are eligible for a $2,000 Partnership Grant and may also qualify for a $4,000 Transfer Academic Award or a $6,000 Phi Theta Kappa Merit Scholarship. The grants and scholarships are available for full-time enrollment on the Tiffin campus.

Students enrolled in Heidelberg classes as part of the program will pay Owens tuition costs. Dual admission classes will be held at Heidelberg University in Tiffin and at the Arrowhead Park campus in Maumee.

For more information about the new Dual Admission Program, call 1-800-GO-OWENS, ext. 7777, or 1-800-HEIDELBERG.



Should undocumented immigrants, brought to the U.S. as children, also known as "Dreamers," be allowed to stay in the U.S.?
1618669415 [{"id":"241","title":"Yes. They consider the U.S. their home","votes":"2","pct":33.33,"type":"x","order":"1","resources":[]},{"id":"242","title":"No. They should be deported, then apply for citizenship the legal way.","votes":"1","pct":16.67,"type":"x","order":"2","resources":[]},{"id":"243","title":"Yes. With conditions. They have a job or going to school, pay back taxes, and are contributing to society.","votes":"3","pct":50,"type":"x","order":"3","resources":[]}] ["#194e84","#3b6b9c","#1f242a","#37414a","#60bb22","#f2babb"] sbar 160 160 /component/communitypolls/vote/90-undocumented No answer selected. Please try again. Thank you for your vote. Answers Votes ...