The Press Newspaper
Five former students were honored as 2013 Outstanding Alumni at Penta Career Center at a special evening banquet held Nov. 7.
Each year, the Penta Career Center Outstanding Alumni Awards are bestowed upon individuals who have completed a career-technical training program at Penta and who are currently working in a successful career. Since the award’s inception in 1993, 120 former high school or adult education students have been honored with the award. The 2013 awardees include:
• Scott A. Jaegly, of Oregon, a 1987 graduate of Northwood High School, graduated from Penta’s Security and Law Enforcement program. He is a district security officer for the United States Marshals Service in Toledo. Jaegly is certified through the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy and has completed the basic police academy at Owens Community College.
• David Miller, of Woodville, a 1990 graduate of Woodmore High School, completed Penta’s Industrial and Diesel Technology program. He is a parts manager for Bay Tractor and Turf in Gibsonburg. In addition, Miller serves as the assistant fire chief for the Woodville Township Fire Volunteer Department. He has earned a master’s certification in the continuing education program offered through John Deere.
• Patrick Young, of Elmore, a 1994 graduate of Woodmore High School, graduated from Penta’s Food Service Management and Production program. He is the director of culinary and nutritional services at Swan Creek Retirement Village in Toledo. Young has an associate degree in Culinary Arts from the Pennsylvania Institute of Culinary Arts in Pittsburgh.
• Leonard L. Vidra II, of Perrysburg, a 1975 graduate of Rossford High School, completed Penta’s Welding program. A deputy sheriff/fiscal coordinator for the Wood County Sheriff’s Office, he is certified through the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy at Owens Community College.
• Leslie Kay (Radabaugh) Hertzfeld, of Grand Rapids, Ohio, a 1968 graduate of Anthony Wayne High School, graduated from Penta’s Commercial Art program. She is a business owner, artist and book illustrator.
For more information about the Penta Outstanding Alumni Award or programs offered by Penta, call 419-666-1120 or visit www.pentacareercenter.org
No results found.