Penta Career Center has selected six former students as recipients of the 2012 Outstanding Alumni Award. The recipients will be recognized during a special evening banquet at Penta on Nov. 1.
Each year, Outstanding Alumni Awards are bestowed upon individuals who have completed career-technical training programs at Penta and who are currently working in a successful career. Since the award’s inception in 1993, 114 former high school or adult education students have been honored with the award.
This year’s honorees include:
|Cindi (Peters) Britt|
|Anne (Woyame) Noel|
• Chad Bolander, of Graytown, a 1990 graduate of Northwood High School who completed Penta’s Cement Trades program. A plumber/pipefitter foreman for Dimech Services in Toledo, he is also a part-time instructor at the Piping Industry Training Center. In 2005, Bolander completed his apprenticeship training in the plumbing and pipefitting industry through the United Association Local 50.
• Cindi (Peters) Britt, of Perrysburg, a 1987 graduate of Eastwood High School who completed Penta’s Cosmetology program. Britt has been a licensed cosmetologist for 25 years and has been a salon proprietor since 2001. She currently owns Salvatore Capelli Salon in Perrysburg.
• Anne (Woyame) Noel, of Perrysburg, a 1992 graduate of Lake High School completed Penta’s Cosmetology program. She is currently a theory instructor for the Cosmetology and Hair Design students at Penta.
Noel has an associate degree in business management from Owens Community College, a bachelor’s degree in vocational education from The University of Toledo and a master’s degree in school counseling from The University of Toledo.
• Brian L. Bonnough, of Haskins, is a 1993 graduate of Swanton High School who completed Penta’s Automotive Technology program. A deputy sheriff for the Wood County Sheriff’s Office, Bonnough works the road patrol division and serves as a crisis negotiator. He previously was a Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) officer. Bonnough is a 1999 graduate of the police academy at Owens Community College.
• Christina McCain, of Perrysburg, a 1997 graduate of Maumee High School, completed Penta’s Marketing Education program. A distribution supervisor for Libbey, Inc., she has earned both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in business administration from The University of Toledo.
• Terri (Phillips) Rudd, of Maumee, is a 1979 graduate of Springfield High School who completed Penta’s Executive Secretary program. She is an office administrator for Sylvania Franciscan Health in Toledo.
For more information about the Penta Outstanding Alumni Award or programs offered by Penta, call 419-666-1120 or visit www.pentacareercenter.org.