Enjoying the outdoors is about more than just hunting and fishing. Safety plays a huge role in the enjoyment of the outdoors.
As a result, Bass Pro Shops will offer a free gun safety seminar at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 9. The first 100 people to complete the course at each store will be given a Project ChildSafe gun lock.
“We firmly believe in gun ownership, and an important element to that is gun safety,” says Doug Phillips, market promotions manager with Bass Pro Shops. “These seminars will help get people acquainted with firearms and basic safety.”
The gun safety seminars will be held as part of the Bass Pro Shops Fall Hunting Classic, a 17-day event that focuses on hunting and the outdoors. Other special events during the Bass Pro Shops Fall Hunting Classic include:
• Aug. 9 - Nationally recognized professional hunters Tom Nelson, TV host of “Dead Down Winds American Archer” and Haley Dunn, with “The Next Generation” TV program.
• Aug. 11-24 - ATV/UTV & Boat Show. Customers will have the opportunity to check out some select Arctic Cat and Cub Cadet vehicles along with the Tracker family of boats at this free show.
• Aug. 9-24 - Local hunters and outdoorsmen and Bass Pro Shops pro staffers offer seminars. (See schedule below.)
• Aug. 22-24 - Share the Harvest. Customers will receive 15 percent off select brands of hunting boots with the donation of two canned food items, which will be donated to local organizations. While there visit with local Department of Natural Resources or Conservation Groups about their designated program for hunters to donate their wild game harvest to local food pantries.
• Aug. 8-24 - Cub Cadet UTV and two-year Toyota Tundra Truck Lease sweepstakes. Customers can enter the national sweepstakes to win. One Cub Cadet UTV and Toyota will be awarded nationally to a Bass Pro Shops customer.
The seminar schedule includes:
Aug. 8: 6:30 p.m. - Bass Pro Shops Associate- Youth Hunting Skills Workshop.
Aug. 9: 10 a.m. - Bass Pro Shops Hunter Safety Instructors - Gun Safety for all Ages.
11 a.m. - Bass Pro Shops Associate – Archery Whitetail Tactics.
12 p.m. - Bass Pro Shops Associate – Hunting in the 21st Century- The Latest in Technology.
2 p.m. - Tom Nelson – TV Host “Dead Down Winds American Archer”-Bow hunting Tips, Techniques and Strategies
3 p.m. - Haley Dunn- The Next Generation- Introducing Women & the Youth to the Shooting Sports.
4 p.m. - Tom Nelson & Haley Dunn – TV Host & The Next Generation-Ask the Pros.’
6 p.m. - Bass Pro Shops Associate – Archery Deer Tactics.
Aug. 10: 11 a.m. - Bass Pro Shops Associate – Turkey Spring & Fall.
1 p.m. - Bass Pro Shops Associate – Goose Hunting.
3 p.m. - Bass Pro Shops Associate – Scent Free Clothing
5 p.m. - Bass Pro Shops Associate – Food Plots.
Visit www.basspro.com to see the August 15, 16, 17, 22, 23 & 24 seminar schedule